FIO is a State University System of Florida Academic Infrastructure Support Organization, established by the Board of Governors and hosted by the University of South Florida. We are a consortium of Florida’s marine science research and education institutions and operate two research vessels and the Keys Marine Lab.
The Florida Institute of Oceanography (FIO) is promoting the following positions:
- Chief Scientist- Position # 00017110, Job Opening #26945. The Florida Institute of Oceanography (FIO) invites nominations for the position of Chief Scientist with the Florida RESTORE Act Centers of Excellence Program (FLRACEP) based in St. Petersburg, FL.
- Marine Superintendent- Position #00017504, Job Opening #27460. FIO invites applications for the Marine Superintendent position which will have overall responsibility for the waterfront operations, personnel, processes, and research vessels in St. Petersburg, FL.
- Marine Chief Engineer- Position #00016771, Job Opening #28249. FIO is seeking a Marine Chief Engineer to work on its research vessels, the R/V Weatherbird II and R/V Hogarth, whether in port or at sea (seapay is provided), based out of St. Petersburg, FL.
- Biological Scientist- Position #00024199, Job Opening #28309. FIO is recruiting a Biological Scientist at its Keys Marine Laboratory in Layton, FL.
- Staff Assistant (Temporary)- Job Opening #28281. FIO is seeking applications for the position of Staff Assistant at the Keys Marine Laboratory in Layton, FL (Long Key).
How to Apply
Find the details and apply for these FIO employment opportunities using Careers@USF. Select Advanced Search and search for Florida Institute of Oceanography and/or the job opening number.