"The Association of Marine Laboratories of the Caribbean (AMLC) was founded in 1957 by marine researchers with interests in the marine science of the tropical Atlantic and the Caribbean. Founded primarily as a scientific organization, the strength of AMLC lies in the diversity of its member laboratories and the extensive expertise of its membership. Institutional, Individual Scientist and Student memberships are available.
Goals of AMLC
- To advance common interests in the marine sciences.
- To encourage the exchange of research results.
- To foster cooperative research projects.
- To expose students to established scientific methods.
- To participate in decisions made by national and international organizations concerning the marine environment."