Below is a list of the most current KML forms, arranged by category. PDF’s can be opened, filled out, and saved using the free Acrobat reader available here.
Email completed forms to the Operations Manager, Lisa Tipsword.
COVID-19 Health Status Survey– To be completed by every visitor to KML
COVID-19 Illness Contingency Plan – 1 per group, must be approved before arrival. All group members should know the plan.
PDF Version of above forms
Price list, rate calculator, and welcome documents
- KML Facilities Rate Sheet Effective November 2021
- KML Seawater Rate Sheet Effective November 2021
- KML Rate Calculator self-help & estimates, Updated November 2021
- Visiting KML checklist
- Overview of KML
- KML Rules & Field Lab Etiquette
- Emergency Information
Facilities Use Request Form (FURF) – NEW Online form!
- This form is necessary for all KML bookings
- PLEASE CALL FIRST FOR AVAILABILITY
- FURF Group List – names of all members in your group
Seawater Use Request Form (SURF) – fillable PDF ver 11.2021
- This form is necessary for ALL KML Seawater Systems use
- See KML Rate Sheet & Rate Calculator for prices
- Please refer to Seawater Use Guidelines
- CALL TO DISCUSS AVAILABILITY
Education, Research & Specimen Collections
You are responsible for providing all necessary permits and special activities licenses for any and all education, research, & specimen collections.
IACUC protocols for all vertebrate research and education projects:
Please fill out and have your Institutional IACUC Representative sign our:
Additionally, please provide your 1) approved IACUC protocol from your home institution, 2) final Letter of Approval for your Proposed Project from your home institution, and 3) any associated permits for your work.
Please submit the aforementioned information as PDFs.
These plans must be received 45 business days prior to your arrival to allow adequate time for our review process. Please see our Permitting and IACUC Information page regarding Permitting or IACUC procedures.
Sampling and Collecting in the Florida Keys and at KML
Snorkel (free diving) & Boat Trips at KML
- These form are required prior to any snorkel trips. Please return with your completed FURF
- KML Boat Roster (fillable PDF) – includes *new* Skills & Experience Survey
- Release & Waiver of Liability Form – must be signed & submitted prior to any snorkel activity at KML
- KML Boating & Snorkeling (free diving) Understanding to be reviewed with members of your group and signed by the Principal Investigators or Group Leaders
Gear Decontamination Protocols
Florida Reef Tract Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease information and updates can be found at the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary website
Download decontamination protocols here
Diving at KML
Remember that all forms must be completed in full and submitted to KML DSO for review and approval before you arrive at the lab.