Below is a list of the most current KML forms, arranged by category. PDF’s can be opened, filled out, and saved using the free Acrobat reader available here.
Email completed forms to the Operations Manager, Lisa Tipsword, firstname.lastname@example.org
Price list, rate calculator, and welcome documents
- KML Rate Sheet Effective January 1, 2019
- KML Rate Calculator self-help & estimates, January 2019
- Visiting KML checklist
- Overview of KML
- KML Rules & Field Lab Etiquette
- Emergency Information
Facilities Use Request Form (FURF)– fillable PDF ver 2017
- This form is necessary for all KML bookings
- PLEASE CALL FIRST FOR AVAILABILITY
- FURF Group List – names of all members in your group
Seawater Use Request Form (SURF) – fillable PDF ver 2018.09.01
- This form is necessary for ALL KML Seawater Systems use
- See KML Rate Sheet & Rate Calculator for prices
- Please refer to Seawater Use Guidelines
- CALL TO DISCUSS AVAILABILITY
COVID-19 Health Status Survey– To be completed by every visitor to KML
COVID-19 FAQ KML Specific– For answers on FIO and KML’s plan to ensure personal safety for visitors and staff.
FIO Reopening Plan Summary– KML Operations, Actions, and Expectations
Monroe County Ordinance – Face Coverings Required indoors in public county wide.
Education, Research & Specimen Collections
You are responsible for providing all necessary permits and special activities licenses for any and all education, research, & specimen collections. IACUC protocols for all vertebrate research and education projects: Research and education groups at KML are required to provide their approved IACUC Plan from their home institution for KML/FIO/USF review and approval. These plans must be received 45 business days prior to your arrival to allow adequate time for our review process.
Snorkel (free diving) & Boat Trips at KML
- These form are required prior to any snorkel trips. Please return with your completed FURF
- KML Boat Roster (fillable PDF) – includes *new* Skills & Experience Survey
- Release & Waiver of Liability Form – must be signed & submitted prior to any snorkel activity at KML
- KML Boating & Snorkeling (free diving) Understanding to be reviewed with members of your group and signed by the Principal Investigators or Group Leaders
Gear Decontamination Protocols
Florida Reef Tract Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease information and updates can be found at the Florida Keys National Marine Sactuary website
Download decontamination protocols here
Diving at KML
Remember that all forms must be completed in full and submitted to KML DSO for review and approval before you arrive at the lab.